The Mission and Vision for Center of Unity are:
Our Mission: We inspire spiritual growth through prayer, education, and sacred service.
Our Vision: Centered in God, we envision a world free of judgment and filled with love.
Our Core Values:
- Spirit-led: We are open to guidance from Spirit and seek it in all that we do.
- Service: We lovingly serve our spiritual community and the community at large.
- Inclusive: We embrace the unique and diverse experiences of everyone.
- Joy: We express deep and abiding feelings of peace and delight, acknowledging the Christ in each of us.
- Prosperous: This church receives and accepts abundance in all forms, including friendship, financial good, and prosperity.
Unity is part of the larger New Thought movement that started in the 1800s and continues to grow today. Without the heavy dogma, judgment and rigidity of some traditional churches, Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and the power of prayer. We honor the universal truths in all religions and respect each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path.
Our Core Beliefs:
- God is the Source and Creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is absolute good, and equally present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings created in God’s image. Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ Spirit within. Their very essence is of God, and therefore they are inherently good also.
- There is power in meditation and affirmative prayer which we believe increases our connection with God and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity and everything good. We have direct access to God through prayer and meditation.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking, feeling and acting.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live by them. Unity is a way of life and we can demonstrate now the good we desire.