Often we think “I should do this” or “I’ve always wanted to do that” or “I wish I could…..”. Just as often, we may lack the follow-through to accomplish things we’d like to accomplish. That’s where motivation comes in. Here are some tips on getting motivated from an article by Remez Sasson. Whether you want to motivate yourself to come to early service, sign up for the upcoming Wednesday night class, work in our community garden, save for a vacation, take a creative class….whatever your desire, these steps (which embrace what we teach at Center of Unity) might help.
1. Think and analyze your desire, to find out whether you really want to achieve it, and whether it is worth the effort and time.
2. Make your goal very clear. Writing it down will help.
3. Think often about your goal or desire.
4. Visualize your goal as already accomplished, and shut your mind to doubts and disbelief.
5. Read books or articles about the subject of your goal.
6. Read about people who have achieved success. This would inspire you to emulate them. you can find books, articles and videos that would be helpful.
7. Think often, about the benefits you will gain by achieving your goal. This will increase your desire and motivation.
8. Visualize how your life would be after getting what you want to do. Imagine how you would feel after achieving your goal.
9. Repeat positive affirmations, such as, “I have the desire and inner strength to achieve my goal”. Repeat this affirmation often, with attention and belief.
10. Start taking small steps toward your goal right now. Don’t wait for the right opportunity and time.